I am sincerely honored. I have always felt that the awards in this community are not to be taken lightly and I prepare my responses with time and careful selections. I am certain that Mrs. Sparkly, a woman of high expectations, commitment and integrity would agree with this approach. She is notable, respected in her own community and likely to be peering down upon us; possibly spell checking and taking notes that feed into a mammoth government information data collection system (MGIDCS). She may have been recruited because of her discretion and integrity even behind closed doors.
The concept of Mrs. Sparklys Ten Commandments is that they are actually Ten Questions that must be answerrd with complete honesty or Mrs. Sparkly will find you. Mrs. Sparkly-we love you. We Do! Manners and behavior, words beyond reproach… I can’t think of how many times some one that blurted that out about me!!
However, before continuing with such complete honesty, I am compelled by my own anguished sincerity to plea for an amendment to the rules before continuing. The word Commandment is mighty itself. I looked up the Latin derivative and let it roll off of my tongue many times. “Commandamentum”. It was beautiful. After this moving experience I knew that any answer could never reveal a full “Truth”. Therefore, with due and appropriate respect, I grant myself permission in this “one time amendment” to answer with whatever rolls out of my pen. It is the Rolling Pen Amendment.
Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments
The Ten Questions…..avec mon “The Rolling Pen Amendment”….*A
1.Describe yourself in seven words.
Unedited. Celebrating 60, Spontaneous, Shy, Social whirl of a girl! *A
2. What keeps you up at night?
My cat, he sometimes put his paw on my shoulder to see if I am alright or to see if we will have another Party at 3am. *A
3. Whom would you like to be?
No hesitation. I could only be myself. I’ve known people who would love it if I was more this, or more that. Some left messages on the answering machine and notes under the door and on the windshield of my car. Or was that a “ticket”. Maybe that was Fed Ex? Maybe I am too sensitive. *A
4. What are you wearing now?
An elongated elegant white silk kimono with a trail, no headgear; it doesn’t stay on- that highlights all of my jewels that I never take off; all worn at once of course. When I move near sunlit areas it makes rainbows like a human chandelier. They call my “Sparky”. No? *A
5. What scares you?
Why, theft, of course. Or shadows. *A. Who wants to walk in the Sun and not create ripples of joy in the Light?
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging?
It is All the Best! I Love Blogging and everything about it!!!
7. What was the last website you looked at?
WordPress.Com, Blogs that I follow…
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Why wouldn’t I be able to change one thing? Does this imply that I can’t… after a life of “self-examination”, exploration, quest, mercy and unspeakable journeys of learning?
Well alright then, I think that what I would wish is hair that grew faster and thicker.
9. Slankets, yes or no?
No, I do not do Bunny Sacks. I am never that cold. Well, once I was but it is a long story. I wore everything I owned including my coat to bed and still could see my breath make clouds. I read my one book under the covers with a flashlight to keep warm. There was no wood for the stove. I used scraps to get a fire started in the morning. No wood left, no trees left. A log, from the black market gifted to me and my last book burned too. No water, electricity or food. Empty cold streets. Snipers. I think that Slankets would have been very popular there. No one was warm in the white silken stealth nights that stalked through those heights. There were no bunnys or living things either. Everything was shot, burned or pillaged. After that, I have not been concerned about the cold. For some reason I still read by flashlight at night but without hiding.
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you.
I was tagged by Dennis Lange, The Bard on the Hill. I love his site, talent and ability to select some of the finest poetry ever written and share it with us on his blog. When he write a poem, it is breathtaking. I wait for his writing. He gives so much and is dearly loved by many! This is a link to one of his most beautiful poems “The Blessings”.
*A…indicates invocation of the Rolling Pen Ammendment, thank you.
Now on to the delightful part of Nominated Seven Notable Bloggers that I am nominated for Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments and Ten True Questions! I am keeping the Rolling Pen!
Congratulations, you each have professional distinction, extraordinary talent and deserve honor and recognition,
Enjoy Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments!
I am thrilled to have been nominated by Keltrustnoone. Special thanks to Kel for nominating me and for having a special blog perfect to win this great award!
The Versatile Blogger Award is wonderful, gracious and gracious; we nominate fifteen new nominees and answer questions too! Again thank you http://keltrustnoones.wordpress.com! I love your unique, intelligent, artistic and gifted blog.
Okay on to the rules:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
7 things about me?
1) I live close to Washington DC. I can feel waves of buzzing clouds incoming and out like helicopters carrying worldly weights overhead. I lived in NYC, mostly and didn’t feel this “dome” of energy. I had to learn to get used to it after moving here!
2) I love nature, wide expanses of open land, mountains, ocean, everything in bloom, the smell of lilac, magnolia, and a deep lush rose.
3) I grew up in New Orleans, the most colorful, fascinating city, we thought Y’all should come down to the French Quarter for the French Pastry and coffee. Then explore the artists set up around the park.
4) From my youth, I trained for a career as a classical ballet dancer and enjoyed a professional career until late 20′s.
5) I love writing and creating so much, I would publish daily but I think that it might trouble the subscribers! I try to find corners of my blog that I can write in that don’t publish to subscription just so that I can satisfy this passion!
6) I value living “truthfully”, finding authenticity first in myself, then being in tune with the presence of its purity in life’s moments. That is easy to say, difficult to do.
7) There is no moment that I would not surrender everything to experience the deepest merge and emergence with God, This Depth of Loving and Love and Awakening to our Essence in His Heart.
╰☆╮Now, my nominations (so far) are╰☆╮
Kerstenbeckphotoart a remarkable photographic journey
Angela Jane Grace Blog stirring blog and a most talented poet
Source of Inspiration beautiful prayer and inspiration; “All is One”
Jessie Jeanine with purpose, passion; Jessie is a Christian voice for survivors of abuse and a voice for victims. Her spirit and commitment is an inspiration.
Warrior Poet Wisdom Inspires readers for peaceful heart and warrior spirit.
AJ Poetry an endearing, talented poet, unique and special
poetry with purpose
Smiled Soul inspiration, writings, serenity; all from where the soul speaks
Evocative EmbraceFlannery O’Conner, “I write to discover what I Know.”
Lady Blue Rosea new blog, inspirational, beautiful poetry
Unwritten Truth “with a hidden face I unveil my heart and share my silence.”
The Wit Continuum “eclecticism in action”, diverse, fascinating blog.
I salute each of you. I hope everyone enjoys your impressive work. Let’s all join in enjoying the spirit of community in this wonderful season. Each heart is beautiful, when shared! Love to all,
The Liebster award (“Liebster” is the German word for friend or love) originated in Germany. The aim of the award is to bring more attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers. I have been nominated for the award
by Searching for the Light!.
I am honored to have been nominated! As a relatively new blogger in this community, feel thrilled to be a part of this, and to find a place here amongst friends and fellow bloggers. I am new to this process, but this I believe is how it works : Upon receiving your Liebster award, you should:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. 4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed. (some say just 3 or more blogs of less than 200 followers each)
5. Let them know they have been chosen, by leaving a comment at their blog. Now for the 5 blogs that I wish to nominate for a Liebster Blog Award:
each is unique, full of rich content for thought, remembrance, inspiration, beauty, or joy. I hope that you enjoy the selection!